Orthodontic Treatment in Barrington, RI
Personalized Smile Correction For Patients in Barrington, Bristol & Warren RI
Having straight teeth is not only great for your confidence, but it is beneficial for the health and comfort of your smile as well. If you are struggling with common issues like crowding, poor spacing between the teeth, malocclusions, or crooked teeth, orthodontic care may be recommended by your dentist. Orthodontics have come a long way through the years, offering patients more comfort and more predictable results in their treatment. At Maple Avenue Dentistry, we will further ensure comfort and convenience in your orthodontic care with personalized treatment in Barrington, Rhode Island.
When to Seek Orthodontic Care
While orthodontic treatment is most common in childhood, there is no age limit on orthodontic care. As a parent, you might bring your child in for an initial orthodontic consultation around age 7 to plan future care. Adults who struggle with orthodontic issues like an overbite or crowding of the teeth may seek care anytime. There are many adults who do not have any orthodontic treatment until later in life, and others will require further orthodontic treatment after teeth shift back into their original positions after braces have come off.
Your Orthodontic Treatment Options
As treatments become more advanced, there is a wider range of orthodontic treatment options to consider. At Maple Avenue Dentistry, we offer both conventional braces and Invisalign clear plastic aligners, so patients can experience more convenience in their care.
- Conventional braces – Metal braces can treat virtually any type of orthodontic issue. They can be customized with bracket and band colors, and minimalist designs can make these braces more comfortable for patients to wear.
- Invisalign – Teens and adults who are concerned about the aesthetics of braces might choose Invisalign, which works with a series of custom made clear plastic aligners rather than metal components. Treatment with Invisalign will range from 3-24 months, and it can be effective for a wide range of orthodontic problems.
What to Expect After Treatment
To ensure long-lasting results from your orthodontic care, you may need to wear a retainer for several weeks or months after your braces come off. You should also continue to see the dentist for regular checkups and cleanings, which will likely go much more smoothly once orthodontic issues have been resolved.
If you are considering investing in your smile with braces or Invisalign, schedule a consultation with Maple Avenue Dentistry by calling (401) 247-2200. Our office provides both general and specialized dental care for patients of all ages with evening and weekend appointments available.
Overview of orthodontic problems Ideal alignment and occlusion Overjet Anterior crossbite Posterior crossbite Open bite Deep bite Crowded teeth Spaced teeth Missing teeth Crowded eye teeth Rotated teeth
Why choose us?
- Top Rated Dentists in RI
- Combining All Specialties in One Location
- Convenient Location
- Offering Weekend and Evening Appointments
- Combined 70 Years of Experience in Dentistry
- Serving All Ages from 2 to 102